On the human heart ventricle:
[commentary] here and there,
medical, theatrical, slippery.
On change computer products wrought:
predictable astonishment, wrappers.
1. before the old bridge is demolished
2. master of the gland
3. all have kick-plates now
4. of course, the photographs, jpegs
5. really, were nostalgic “cityscapes”
6. the way they went at it
7. subjects of gravity
1. drove it upward
2. suffering at the base
3. examples of NSA’s meta-data
4. the design team thought, “if we eliminated push buttons?”
5. hammer taps per factory-framed lumber
6. there it remains
7. can a domicile cover us in good?
1. as in a name
2. hurricane & typhoon, difference?
3. we stood here and watched
4. four decorative bows, hegemonic forces
5. propulsive anger
6. aren’t we allies
7. of the seven seas
1. just, always very, very slow to pay
2. voted off, or could be
3. obsolete phone books
4. an art app aimed at city hall: gorillas climb four sides
5. porridge becomes storage
6. an interloper removed by authorities
7. disambiguators, all!
1. pathogen below 72-hour
2. siren’s Doppler
3. pliant, coursed, made large
4. days typhoon dead lie
5. who can answer the planet now?
6. sub-street spaces: unusable, used
7. through the looking-glass
1. vacant land sale
2. two-party reach
3. dogs in the canyon, leaves
4. hey, no rocks from the bridge!
5. animals bound up in symbols
6. sewn-on tag
7. standard drops, then standards drop
1. there’s always one in any group
2. our meeting offers cocktails=everyone shows up
3. I wouldn’t trade like that
4. compromise? I’d call it conquest
5. they are too dense, each unit tiny
7. vitrified fuel rods in storage
1. wooden block, over, over-wiped
2. horrors of war
3. there was a soupy area, right here
4. next: Goya etching as drypoint degrades
5. thought: misplaced loyalty
6. no name yet for a new project
7. about thirty
Deborah Meadows teaches as an Emeritus faculty member in the Liberal Studies department at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. She lives with her husband in Los Angeles’ Arts District/Little Tokyo where she serves on the board of LARABA (Los Angeles River Artists’ and Business Association). She was nominated Los Angeles Poet Laureate in 2014. Three Plays is forthcoming from BlazeVox Books in 2015.
Her Electronic Poetry Center author page is at http://epc.buffalo.edu/authors/meadows/
Her Poetry Foundation site is at http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/deborah-meadows